Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Navigating the Holidays...







I’m back in town!

Hey, did you miss me? (I missed you!)

Last Friday, the wife and I headed out of town for some vacation in nearby Palm Springs. As good as that sounds, it was even better: we had company! My oldest daughter, her husband and two children met us there.

Our two bedroom timeshare was a wonderful break: new place, new fun, and warmer weather. The high 60's with sunshine were especially welcomed by those visiting from chilly Illinois. I took some pictures, so you’ll be seeing some lovely cacti and palms in up-coming posts. (Today's are from Andreas Canyon.)

The timeshare had a wireless hook-up, but we all decided to by-pass the expense and “enjoy” being unplugged. We missed being able to do on-line research on topics and destinations over the five days. And... I missed blogging! ;-)

We had tons of fun: hikes, cards, swing-sets, and making memories with the grand-kids.

The Holidays are funny times. They have so much potential: for good and bad. Drama happens. Sometimes work drama creeps in, sometimes family drama erupts, but other times things just go “golden.”

Realistically we all probably get a helping of each. I’ve got to admit that as I navigate the Holidays, I have been helped by the lessons I’ve learned by blogging. I’ve got my bearings because I’ve been thinking about what’s important.

Being clear about who I am and what I’m about helps me wade through the mixture of good times and bad times that punctuate this season of family, friends, and various events. It’s not always easy, but it’s always worth the effort.

Happy Holidays!

(I’m looking forward to catching up on the posts of my fellow bloggers!)

2 comments:

  1. I did miss you!

    Glad to hear you had a nice little vacay with the fam. Now I guess you're literally back 'home for the holidays'? I'm just about to go to my parents, in about an hour.

    I look forward to reading your comments. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the palm photo img3703 - looks like it should have a little dinosaur peeping around somewhere! Enjoy your Christmas.

    ReplyDelete