Monday, October 27, 2008

Faith, hope, and love...

Where faith and hope are future-oriented, love seems to transcend time and live in the moment.

Instead of looking mournfully at a past which is gone, never to return, I find that I can bring the past into the present as I remember the people that I love, and will always love.

Dwelling in the past robs me of participating in the present.

Dwelling on the future can fill me with faith and hope, but again removes me from present participation.

Love alone seems to bring the memories of past experiences and the dreams of future hopes all into the focus of the present.

Living in love, the past is treasured, the present is appreciated, and the future good acknowledged.

These were some musings after viewing pictures of my grandchildren and visiting their very sick great-grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment