"My friend Saphron over at Tilting at the Universe has given me a tag/ Honest Scrap blogging award. She gave me the award and asked me to pass it along to ten other recipients. Apparently I'm to share 10 honest things about myself, as are those I tag, and then tag/give ten new folks the award. Should you be tagged, which is pretty much a certainty if you follow my blog, then it would be helpful if you followed the directions below so we can share the love with as many fellow bloggers as possible."
Miss H. also tagged me... so this is a two-for-one response. Special thanks to Miss H. because I "stole" the first paragraph of this post from her blog. (Look, I used quotes!)
"Here are the rules:
1. “The Honest Scrap” award is not one to hold all to your self; it must be shared.
2 . The recipient has to tell 10 true things about themselves in their blog that no one else knows.
3. The recipient has to pass along this prestigious award to 10 more bloggers.
4. Those 10 bloggers all have to be notified they have been given with this award.
5. Those 10 bloggers that receive this award should link back to the blog that awarded them."
(I stole the rules from Miss H. as well.)
I, however, am an occasional rule breaker. I rarely play tag. I usually ignore tags, but since Saphron has already reminded me... and Miss H. tagged me too, I'll play along. Mostly. I'll give up some "secrets," but I'm letting my end of the tag-line die here. My readers can play if they want... or not.
I also thought about spewing some falsehoods here, just for the fun of it, but then I re-read the rules... something about "true things."
Each of us has our "stories." Anyone who has known me for any length of time will occasionally witness a story "repeat." So some of what I share here will be known to a select few. (Not all the tidbits are interesting, but they are my tidbits.) Here is my "Honest Scrap:"
1. I have never successfully mastered a single water-ski. (I gave up after several tries.)
2. I once hitch-hiked from Iowa to New York in three days.
3. I once let a student shave my head for charity: St. Baldrick's Day.
4. I once held a junior high record for sit-ups in a minute: 72.
5. I once got my '67 Fiat Coupe airborne.
6. The four year college program I started in '71, I finished in '98. (I took a "break" when I was 20 units short.)
7. Last night I dreamed that I was operating a floor buffing machine. (I last worked one in the '70s.)
8. I still have a silver cap on one tooth (bottom front). It's a temporary cap I got in '67 after I chipped a tooth playing football with friends.
9. I could swim five laps underwater in the family pool with one breath: 36' times 5.
10. I once walked down the stairs inside the Washington Monument: 897 of them.
Ten "interesting" facts that span a 45 year period dredged up from my memory banks for your reading "pleasure." And a tip-of-the-hat to Saphron and Miss H.