Monday, March 30, 2009

Simple Pleasures: Weekend Highlights

This was another laid-back So Cal weekend for Don.



When you’re a grateful guy, there’s plenty in life to be grateful for: taking a long walk with the wife (and our dog), time, energy, tools, and inclination to do some yard work – and then sit in the yard enjoying it. (Never mind the sore back.)

A trip to the beach and our favorite vitamin store (a great place to people watch), many games of Spades online (50-50 split with the wife). Out to dinner for delicious Mexican food (along with our favorite set of servers), plus a new set of electric hair clippers and a self-inflicted haircut and beard trim.



These are a few of my weekend highlights… But the prize goes to…

My fellow-bloggers!

I could list their names, but I don’t want to leave someone out accidentally. In my corner of the blog-o-sphere, the inhabitants are doing well. They are asking the right questions, discerning the paths marked out for them, and keeping their heads while others are losing theirs.



My weekend highlight was the delight I got in seeing my online friends doing well, enjoying the journey, and pondering their plights.

Maybe it’s spring? Maybe it’s blogging? Maybe it’s good people making the world a better place: one little sphere at a time.

Have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. I love the up close snapshot of the flower. That's awesome Don!!
    I like you think that nice people make the world a better place. There are so many nice people around. Unfortunately, it's the not so nice who usually make the news eh? Makes it seem like there are hardly any nice guys like your self left :)

    Steady On
    Reggie Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a good week-end wasn't it. Perhaps it was something in the air! Let's keep it around all week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know, Don. I feel you had me beat at "Mexican Food"

    That really sounds fantastic right about now. Though I know this doesn't equate to the Mexican food you had (or the dishes I'm desiring), I taught my students, yesterday, in the ways of Taco Bell as an essential part of any college student's life.

    When I go home, I want to purposely avoid most fast food, but I do feel I'll need to spend some time making up for a year-long lack of quick, dirty, cheap Mexican Fast Food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff.
    Nice people make the world so much better, but they always broadcast about the negative side of the world. :( They should take a day out of the week just to talk about all the positive things that have happened in the world, not just people killing each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all for stopping by and commenting. You were a capstone for my weekend of simple pleasures: a nice highlight!

    Don

    ReplyDelete