Thursday, November 27, 2008

Movember... Bovember... Men's Health

I watch others who I admire, and I learn from them. My son and some of his friends participate in something called Movember. It involves growing a mustache in November. I didn't know why. I didn't even know there was a why. Then I Googled... then I learned...

Then I grew... (I started a month ago.)

Here's my after...



Here's my before (after my after)...



Here's the 2008 promo for the Australian Movember... (fun) (Click the TV, then the 2008 promo video cassette.)

Here's the info...

I did it this year just to raise a bit of awareness. Next year... who knows?

Bonus Post:

There are many faces to men's health, mine is one of them. One of my biggest goals for the last five years was to get my blood pressure and cholesterol under control. I had a 3 to 5 times higher than normal risk of heart attack. It was mostly because of gaining a couple of pounds a year... since high school. I graduated 30 plus years ago. I was thin when I graduated (6' tall, 155 lbs). At 222 lbs. I was at least 25 lbs. too heavy. I saw pictures of what five pounds of human fat looks like. I had at least 5 to 7 times that. Ugghh.

I tried to lose control the symptoms, but couldn't do it without drugs. I improved my blood pressure and cholesterol by taking the drugs my doctor recommended, but I didn't give up trying to "fix" the problems via nutrition and exercise.

I began to find success only when I changed my question from, "How can I lose weight?" to "How can I lose fat?" Two years and thirty pounds later, my doctor took me off the drugs, and I now have a life expectancy of over 100! Woo-hoo!

Asking the better questions helped me to find better answers. My fat loss secret?

1 comment:

  1. Nice work with the stash :) Thanks also for the dedication. It's awesome! I hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete