Monday, December 1, 2008

Point the thumb...



I heard a new saying I like. My source? The NFL Network. The commentators were complimenting a coach who had said, "I'm not going to point any fingers; I'm going to point a thumb. That was my fault."

The commentators noted that players respect that in a coach. Simple concept: "My bad." No long excuses or explanations.

So today, as minor decisions loom, I'm going to take my own advice from Sunday... "Wait, and be of good courage."

I'm fond of saying, "If you don't know what to do, it's probably not time to make a decision." Others often disregard my advice (I teach), but I try to listen to myself. Point the thumb and regard my own advice. What a concept!



1 comment:

  1. I love this concept. It's not one that many seem to embrace, but it's always encouraging and refreshing to hear when folks do. Thanks for being gutsy enough to do the right thing. It takes guts to point with the thumb. :)

    ReplyDelete